Wednesday 11 November 2015

Dev Log 1#

Welcome to the official NiTL dev log blog!

Here I'll post the progress and other advancements I do on NiTL.
I started this dev log a bit late considering I've got a bunch of the player character mechanics done so I won't be able to splurge a bunch of posts saying I got him jumping or able to shoot.

NiTL is a 2D Metroidvania game I am developing for PC and hopefully other platforms later.
Although I am currently making NiTL in Unity3D, originally I made a fatal error and sought out the fastest way to make a game without coding but I ended up with a lot of nerve raking problems with the engine I was using at the time and not being able to code restricted me a lot. With NiTL about 65% finished on that first engine I was using, I decided to switch to Unity3D and start learning C#.

So now with NiTL being developed in Unity3D, here's what I have so far:

  • Basic movement (left, right, jump, and sprinting)
  • Basic attacking (shooting beams, missiles, and dropping morph bombs)
  • Abilities
    1. Somersaulting
    2. Missiles
    3. Morph Bomb
    4. Morph Bomb Jump
    5. High Jump
    6. Morph Jump
    7. Space Jump
  • AI
    1. Simple (Walks left and right, doesn't not fall off of platforms, passive)
    2. Worm (Bursts out of the ground to attack the player, active)

 All the animations are coded and done for the player for the abilities and such so far, however all the artwork used are place-holders.

For the cherry on bottom of the post, here's a mock up from about a month ago done by a friend of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment