Wednesday 9 March 2016

Dev Log 12#

Here's an update to fill the lack of updates, I've been surprisingly busy since the last update.

Here's the footnotes:
  1. Still looking for an Artist!
  2. NiTL title theme finished
  3. Action-Platformer Template officially in development
  4. Back from a Break
Now for the in-depth details!

Still looking for an Artist
 
After spending a week or so reviewing the person who applied for the artist position I announced was open in the last dev log, I have unfortunate news that he won't be joining the team and that the position(s) is still open to anyone with the required skills looking to do something in their free time, as a hobby, to expand their portfolio, and obviously payment when development gets funding.

NiTL title theme finished

With the track that Bryan Davis (our game's composer alongside Liam Fay) and I have been diligently working on, with Bryan doing the bulk of the work and me just providing ideas and feedback (credit where it's due), the new title theme for NiTL is done.

I would put up on the dev log for you guys to listen to, but Frankly my dear, I don't know how.
So you'll have to wait until he does all the mastering and such, then I'll put it into a video and cobble together a mock image of what the title screen will hopefully look like.

Action-Platformer Template officially in development

The Action-Platformer template that I've thought about for a while is now officially being developed!

The template will consist of some features from NiTL, such as the automap, character controller, and some AI, etc, with thoroughly cleaned and commented code that I will make super user friendly so that anyone can buy it and know just what the hell is going on in that jungle of scripts.

Back from a Break

After spending about 3 weeks taking a break from everything, I've reinvigorated myself back into development with new life and more ideas and a smarter mindset to make things even more efficient.

Thank you for reading the new update, and as always: 
Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment